As a turn-key robotic automation system supplier Encore integrates robotic systems in the Automotive, Aerospace and general industry markets. A few examples of products include robotic end effectors, auxiliary axis robot movers, material handling equipment etc. The position is for an Electrical Controls Engineer that will work with a project team to create controls solutions for robotic systems. The basic duties for this position include but are not limited to: controls software development, validation, and deployment. The position will be a direct report to the Application Software Manager.
• Bachelor degree in electrical engineering (BSEE) or equivalent experience.
• Minimum 2 years of professional experience in a controls software engineering role; recent graduates with strong controls engineering related project experience and internship experience will be considered.
• Must have experience using Rockwell Automation development software.
• Experience with Microsoft Visual Studio is a plus.
• Experience with Fanuc, ABB, or other major robotic platform.
• Must have experience developing and deploying control systems utilizing Allen-Bradley, Siemens and Mitsubishi standard PLC’s and safety PLCs.
• Must have experience with the practical application of industrial Ethernet.
• Candidate must be a self-starter and willing to take responsibility for projects with minimal supervision.
• Individual must be creative and able to generate effective and cost efficient controls software solutions within the constraints of customer design specifications.
• Must be willing to participate in the startup and debug of control systems on the shop floor and at the customer site.
• Proficient in Microsoft office products.
• Punctuality and professionalism are required traits.
• Available to travel, including occasional international travel.
• Work well with other professionals, within and outside the engineering sector.
• In good health and able to perform physical shop and field work.
Controls Engineer: Create controls solutions for robotic systems including controls software development, validation and deployment using Rockwell Automation development software. Deploy control systems utilizing Allen-Bradley, Siemens and Mitsubishi standard PLC’s and safety PLCs. Implement and maintain IT Control systems solutions for software applications utilizing the Microsoft development environments and languages. Req: Master degree in Electrical Engineering with 6 months experience as Control Systems Engineer. 40hr/wk, 8am-5pm, $74,734.00/yr.